Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Strength and Weakness

I was reading a favorite blog today by Richard Dahlstrom, my pastor when I lived in Seattle, WA. His post about strength and weakness captured in words something I have been pondering lately: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/richarddahlstrom/

It is about the verse in Zechariah 4.6 that says “not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit says the LORD of hosts" (see Jeremiah 17 as well). In my current season of life, I have been confronted by the limits of my "strength" (my intelligence, experience with children, schooling, etc.) when confronted with the realities of peoples' pain. I am learning to live by His Spirit instead- living into the mystery and truth that His power is made perfect in our weakness. Learning to turn to Jesus in each moment of need for His strength and wisdom and perspective to replace my own, and in little moments of gratitude for the amazing clouds over Santa Cruz, for the text from my sister that said "Don't rely just on your strength today," and for the conversation with a dear friend this weekend. Thank you Lord for these gifts and the many others you have provided, and for teaching me to rely on Your strength. 

No comments:

Post a Comment