Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sweetest Moments


One of the sweetest, joy-filled moments of my life was 
getting baptized last Sunday evening. 

Baptism for those who love Jesus is a public declaration of faith in Him, and "like putting on a ring when you get married as a symbol of commitment. But the ring is not what makes someone married, it is their love and vows they made (Dan Kimball)." It is a beautiful symbol of what Jesus has done for us, and the change He has brought in our lives- from death to life, from fear to freedom, love, hope, and peace.

It was a moment of getting to praise God for His steadfast love and faithfulness in my life, and to thank my friends and family for their kindness to me. 

I shared part of 1st John 4:18 with everyone, which has been powerful truth in my life: "There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear." 

I am learning to trust in God's perfect love for me, and let myself be embraced by His love and live my life out of the knowledge that I am deeply loved by Him. As I do so, God casts away the fears, anxieties, and insecurities in my life. I hope that you can rest in the knowledge that you are deeply loved by God, and that no matter what is happening or has happened in your life, He is a God who saves us, who redeems and heals us, and who astoundingly loves us. 

I am excited to leave for Uganda in about 3 weeks, 
and will post more during the trip.





No comments:

Post a Comment