Sunday, October 14, 2012

Overwhelmed by Kindness and Joy

One word keeps coming to mind as I prepare to leave for Uganda tomorrow: "overwhelmed"

I am overwhelmed by God's goodness- He knows my every need, and there have been countless times in the past few months where He has answered my prayers for specific things that I was hoping to bring to the boys, or by providing me with advice and encouragement and confirmation when I needed it. Thank you Lord for your steadfast love and faithfulness! Thank you for the beauty and joy of seeing some dear friends get married this weekend. Thank you for what you have in store to teach me in this coming season. 

I am also overwhelmed by all of you- my friends and family and church who have helped answer prayers and showered me with gifts for the boys and other things I was hoping to bring for the trip. It has been such a delight to catch up with you, and hear your wisdom about traveling, and hear how God has been working in your life. 

Here is my plan for the next few days:

Tomorrow afternoon I board a plane for Texas
...then I fly to London
After that, I will fly to Uganda

I will be updating this blog as soon as I can to let you all that I made it safely to Jinja, and to share about my experiences. 

A few things I am looking forward to: learning and growing and being stretched in my faith, meeting the boys!, worshipping God with my brothers and sisters in Christ in Uganda, exploring London for a few hours, getting to live simply and give up using a phone and makeup for a few months, and so much more.

Much love to you all, 
Lindsey/Smiles ( :


No comments:

Post a Comment